Have you recently received a floral delivery?
Make sure you follow these easy steps to ensure that your new beautiful bouquet lasts as long as possible with our fresh flower care instructions.
So, you just had a floral delivery, now what?
- Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures, this can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- If your flowers came in plastic, remove this as soon as possible and recut stems under water if possible. Quickly put flowers in water after being cut.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to many flower types.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements in windowsills and other areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overheating. This includes windows, near computers, heating vents, or fans.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
Fresh Flower Care Instructions: How To Keep Your Flowers Looking Fresh & Beautiful
- Keep your vase filled with clean water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they can get a drink!
- If your flowers came in a basket or other container with foam, add fresh water every day.
- Immediately remove dead or wilting leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangements.
- Watch your water. When it gets cloudy it’s time to change it out, usually every other day.
Changing The Water In Your Flower Arrangement
- First remove any dead or dying flowers from the arrangement.
- After carefully removing the good flowers, clean the vase thoroughly with soapy water to remove any bacteria that could cause the fresh flowers to deteriorate even quicker. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- For best results, cut stems with a clean, sharp knife at an angle about one to two inches from the bottom. This allows them to better absorb water. Do not use scissors to cut your flowers because they can crush the stems and prevent water absorption.
- Place loose stems or wrapped bouquets of fresh flowers in your clean water as soon as possible.
For more info or further help with fresh flower care instructions, please give us a call (832)850-7677
or Visit us in our store
4416 Fairmont Pkwy #104
Pasadena, TX 77504